Here are the first 10 steps I take in setting up a blog. These steps can be accomplished in less than an hour and lead to a succesful launch.
- Register Domain
- Setup hosting
- Install WordPress and change Permalink structure
- Install Robots.txt file
- Publish a few posts
- Setup on Feedburner and place RSS links on page.
- Create and upload Sitemap
- Submit to Google Webmaster Central
- Submit to Yahoo Site Explorer
- Install Google Analytics
I will go through each of these steps in individual posts.
The last blog I setup was in the Google Index within 48 hours, and away we go……