I have always been interested in this aspect of blogging but never took the time to slow down long enough to check it out.
This post is being accomplished using the Post via Email options in WordPress 2.51
I am toying with lots of ideas where this could be very beneficial and I
plan on writing up a detailed post on how to set this up easily on a
If you want the best results in the Search Engines, forget about them when you are writing!
There a couple things Search Engines can not do…
- Conduct a search
- Read a Calendar
One of the best ways to get traffic and have success in the search engines is to write about what people are searching for. The key element here is “people are searching”. We tend to forget that a search engine does not conduct the searches, people do. And people are interested in what affects their day to day life. One of the best tools we have for writing ideas is a calendar. Most niche markets have built in calendars, some examples…
- Music Niche – New Releases, Award Shows, Top Selling lists
- DVD Niche – New Releases, New equipment
- Sports Niche – Any sports niche has several, schedule, playoffs, off season trades and changes, some have drafts
- Television Niche – Season schedules, rerun schedules, awards
- Automotive – New car models released, Car shows, Racing, Accidents
If you have a blog that does not necessarily fall into a niche, use a general calendar.
- Holidays – News Year, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
- Miscellaneous Days – Valentines Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Birthdays (personal and celebrity)
- History – Almost every day of the year has had something significant happen on it in the past.
- Elections – State, Federal, International
To show that I really do want to help others, I am launching a new blog in conjunction with this post. I will attempt to post upcoming events on the calendar to assist you with blogging topics. Heck, I might even be doing a little keyword research for you too!
Stop by BloggingCalendar.com and make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss anything. If you only read the RSS it will not hurt my feelings, this blog will be to help others.
I needed a little blogging humor this morning and although I found this cartoon from Blaugh pretty funny, the reality is that this it is probably closer to the truth than most would admit.
Blogging has certainly brought a new level of honest and direct communication to business, and there are certainly some companies that were not ready for it.