The new Google Adsense Ad Management has been rolling out to accounts with mixed reviews. At first I did not like it, but it is starting to grow on me. Currently you do not have to change all your Adsense code and it is 100% backwards compatible, but it would seem logical to expect there to be a timetable on that compatibility.
- You can change colors schemes and settings in your Adsense control panel and the changes will be reflected on your site live. No need to copy and past new code.
- There is an Import old Adsense Code function to convert your existing code.
- If an ad does not result in any pageviews in 7 days it will be marked as Inactive.
- There is a new variable called “google_ad_slot”, just not sure we need another tracking device. And it is not clear if you can cross these over domains, or you need to make a new ad for each Domain.
- It will be a lot of work to convert old pages to the new Adsense code.
- The system is extremely slow when converting. Each new ad takes 10-15 minutes to show up on a page.
Read the official release at the Inside Adsense Blog.