If you want the best results in the Search Engines, forget about them when you are writing!
There a couple things Search Engines can not do…
- Conduct a search
- Read a Calendar
One of the best ways to get traffic and have success in the search engines is to write about what people are searching for. The key element here is “people are searching”. We tend to forget that a search engine does not conduct the searches, people do. And people are interested in what affects their day to day life. One of the best tools we have for writing ideas is a calendar. Most niche markets have built in calendars, some examples…
- Music Niche – New Releases, Award Shows, Top Selling lists
- DVD Niche – New Releases, New equipment
- Sports Niche – Any sports niche has several, schedule, playoffs, off season trades and changes, some have drafts
- Television Niche – Season schedules, rerun schedules, awards
- Automotive – New car models released, Car shows, Racing, Accidents
If you have a blog that does not necessarily fall into a niche, use a general calendar.
- Holidays – News Year, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
- Miscellaneous Days – Valentines Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Birthdays (personal and celebrity)
- History – Almost every day of the year has had something significant happen on it in the past.
- Elections – State, Federal, International
To show that I really do want to help others, I am launching a new blog in conjunction with this post. I will attempt to post upcoming events on the calendar to assist you with blogging topics. Heck, I might even be doing a little keyword research for you too!
Stop by BloggingCalendar.com and make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss anything. If you only read the RSS it will not hurt my feelings, this blog will be to help others.